10 June 2019

My Pentecost Story


As I get off the bus on my way to church, a boy around 10 years old also got off and started a conversation. I think he was asking a question but since I couldn’t understand what he was saying I told him “对不起,我不懂中文” or Sorry, I can’t understand Chinese. Surprised to see a Chinese-looking woman who can’t speak Chinese, the little one asked another question. This time I understood what he was saying and I think he was asking if I am from America or UK. Then I said “No, Feilubin (Philippines)”. Few steps away where we were talking is a store. The boy ran towards it and greeted the store lady so I thought “Oh, that’s where he lives”. So, I continued walking towards the church direction and a few moments later, the little one tapped me on the back, opened the small tub of ice cream and gave me a stick. I was dumbfounded with the boy’s act of kindness, all I was able to say was  “谢谢” (Thank You) as I watch him walk away towards the opposite direction, waving his hand and flashing a smile saying good bye. 

To end: I saw the boy holding a 5 yuan bill and maybe two pieces of 1 yuan bill on his hand. Perhaps, it’s his money for the day, but this kid used the little money he has to buy an ice cream and share it with me (a stranger). I do not know the parents of this kid but I know that they are doing really well in raising their kid. Teaching him Kindness before anything else. 🏼

And this picture: I took a picture of the ice cream stick to document this memory. I knew this kid was sent from above to bless me today. For that, I am giving back the glory to the Source of the resource 🏻💕

What’s your Pentecost Story?

No comments: